Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Are You Counting Your Blessings?

Giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

"What would your life be like if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

I read this question on a post recently on Facebook and it made me stop and think.  I questioned myself, "how often do I thank God for all that He has done for me?"  I have been blessed so much throughout the years.  I have to admit, I sometimes let the day pass by without so much as whispering a thank you to our Heavenly Father.  I can't imagine going another day without any of the blessings God has so graciously given me and my family.

For starters, we are a very healthy family.  He has protected us every day, we have no health issues, broken bones or constantly in and out of the doctor's office.  My life would be empty without my four beautiful children and my husband that he placed in my life 18 years ago.


Above all I am thankful for my salvation.  God sent His son, Jesus Christ, just for me, for me to have life eternally with Him in His kingdom.  He has given me a hope and a future and without Him I would be lost.  Acts 4:12 tells us, "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

There's an old hymn I remember singing growing up in church, I'm sure you've heard of it too.  The chorus for this song is, 'Count your blessings, name them one by one.....'  If you stopped for a moment and began to 'count your blessings', I'm sure you will end up with a long list to be thankful for.

I'm certain that when you get to the end of the list, and you have thanked God for each and every thing, everyday, you will find that God has been in your life more often than you realized.  It may take a while each day, but I do believe our days would be better and we would have much more joy in our hearts and lives if we took the time out to thank God for all each has done, each day.  In Psalm 100:4 we are instructed to go to God with our thanksgiving.  "Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

So, what are you waiting for?  What do you have to be thankful for today?

Blessings

Stephanie



1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.