Monday, June 25, 2012

The Courage of A Queen

One of my favorite stories in the Bible is that of Esther.  Not because of the rags to riches type story or because of all the beauty that surrounds her.  I love this story most because of the courage she displayed through some difficult circumstances.  Esther was a remarkable woman and she had found favor in all those who were around her.  The true beauty of Esther is her inner strength and godly dignity.

Esther's courage brought her to a palace where she knew no one and was being paraded in front of the king, like a beauty pageant.  Her courage took her into the king's court, without being summoned, which by law she could have been put to death.  Her courage helped her reveal her identity to the king and ask for him to spare her life as well as her people.  God was with Esther through each step and he gave her what she needed at the time she needed it.  She knew God's hand was on her life.

With God's help we too can have that same courage to walk through any circumstance we are faced with.  I love that I can freely go before my king, in his court and fall at his feet.  No matter how difficult any situation can be, I know that God is there with me, helping me to navigate through life.  Psalm 46:1 says, "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in time of trouble."




I wonder, do I, or you display such courage when faced with difficult circumstances?  Do we find favor of those around us not by our beauty, but by how we live our lives as an example of Christ in us?

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go.    Joshua 1:9


Blessings,
Stephanie



1 comment:

Melissa said...

What a timely word! Needed to read this!