Monday, June 11, 2012

A Beautiful Offering



'If praise is like perfume, I'll lavish mine on you, Till every drop is gone, I'll pour my love on you'.  This is a line from one of my favorite songs by Phillips, Craig and Dean titled 'Pour My Love On You'.  As I listen to this song I wrestle with the thought, "Do I do this?  Do I praise God and worship him sacrificially?"

I'm reminded of the woman in Mark 14 who poured expensive perfume on Jesus' head.  She was rebuked by those who were present for what she had done.  Jesus answered them with this:  "She has done a beautiful thing to me...."  This perfume was expensive, more than a year's wages, yet this woman gave her very best. This was an act of worship on her part in preparing Jesus for his burial.  She truly lavished her praise on the Lord of her life.

We can never give too much and it is never a waste when we offer to our Lord all that we have.  It is a sacrifice.

What are you pouring out for God?  Do you offer Him your pure worship, sacrificing all that you have?

My desire is to be like this woman, to give all that I have, the very best in worshiping the one who gave his life for me.  I want my praise to be like perfume and pour my love on Jesus.

Blessings

Stephanie





No comments: